The trend of sporting Smokey Eyes while going to a party or an event is a trend that is not fading away anytime soon. It all depends on how well one can blend flawlessly. However, blending and smudging is not an easy task and hence some tips are to be kept in mind before Applying Makeup.
A big mistake made while applying Smokey Eye Makeup is using of blue hues which is a complete no in this case. It is better to opt shades like black, gray, brown, dark green to create the Smokey effect. Also, it is to be remembered that a light base color is to be paired with a dark color.
Some useful tricks to improve the eye makeup skills are listed below:
* Firstly, it is necessary to keep your eyelids oil free so that as the day goes on the eyeshadow wouldn’t melt into the crease. For this, start with an eyeshadow base by spreading it across the eye and allow it to dry. Also, apply a cream concealer to have a smooth base for the eyeshadow to be applied.
* Then apply pencil liner above your top lash line making the line thicker in the middle of the eye.
* You can use the same liner pencil for the lower lash line as they are easy to blend. Once applied use cotton swab or just your finger to smudge the lines.
* Next use a lighter eyeshadow so that it blends well with the deeper hue.
* As the base eyeliner is nicely done, use the darker shade to get the Smokey effect. Start blending with eyeshadow brush starting at your lash line so that the eyeliner disappears and then slowly blend it up. Try to keep the deep color at the crease.
* Finish your look with several coats of mascara to make the lashes look voluminous and dark.
One must remember that if your eye makeup is heavy then it is better to use minimum makeup on your lips. Use lip colors that are in nude shades. The focus should be either on the eye or on the lips but never on both. The key aspect to achieve a Perfect Smokey Eye Look is to keep on blending without a flaw. It may not be perfectly okay in your first time but will improve over time with practice.