1. Cleanse– tone and moisturise. There is nothing more important than prepping your skin for the makeup you are about to put on. It makes the entire process that much easier!
2. If you are a beginner and you are scared of the mantra “blend till your fingers bleed” (even though it is a metaphor), then stick foundation is going to be your best friend. These are usually easy to blend and your fingers suffice just fine.
3. Groom those brows. Trust me, whoever said eyes are the windows to your soul, forgot to tell you that eyebrows are the frame. There is nothing more important than having groomed brows. Once you have your shape, then go in with a spooley and brush the hairs with upward strokes. This helps as a guide to give you the proper outline. Then you can either go in with a brow pencil, preferably in a cool toned brown, ashy brown if you have lighter skin tone and light hair and a slightly deeper tint of brown if you have a deeper skintone and dark hair. Use the pencil to fill in your brows and once again brush the brows upwards.
4. Curl those lashes. This is so important and yet so intimidating! Most women flinch at the sight of an eyelash curler, but these babies are so good in helping you with opening up the eyes making them look bigger and more awake. It also helps the application of mascara that easier.
5. Even if you don’t wear eyeshadows or eyeliners, wear mascara! The power of the mascara lies in its power to make you look that you had a sound eight hours sleep whereas in truth you just slept for three hours.
6. Take your Makeup off every night before going to bed because it would clog your pores and give you breakouts otherwise.
Remember the key to wearing good makeup is to look as if you are not wearing any at all.