You agree with us right?
Let us help you to learn how to dab that nail polish like a professional coupled with a few tips, so that you never complain again while and after painting your nails!
1. To get started.
- Keep all the necessary equipment handy, so that you don’t have to run here and there looking for them in between the application process. We mean your cotton balls, cotton ear buds, nail clippers, nail polish remover, base coat, cuticle stick and obviously your nail polish.
- Remove any excess nail polish using a cotton ball dabbed with some nail polish remover. Take the help of an ear bud if necessary.
- Clip your nails and using a nail filer shape your nails in the one you wish to flaunt. It can be oval, rectangular, square, circular shape or anything apart from these (if there is any)!
- Soak your hands in some warm water for some time and let them dry. Using a cuticle stick, push back your cuticles (the dead skin at the base of your nail) to the edge of the nails.
- Choose the nail color that suits your mood, dress, or occasion, and do not choose a nail paint that is too old, as it tends to get thick and gloppy when you apply it!
- Warm the nail polish for about 25-30 seconds by rubbing them in between your palms.
2. Base coat is important bro.
The base coat of a transparent colored nail polish is a must to make your nail paint last longer and stick better to your nails. Just three swipes of this on each nail would be enough! Apply it lightly (don’t make it thick).
3. Three strokes and that’s it!
Lay your hand firmly against a table or any other hard surface and spread out your fingers. After you have applied the base coat, start by applying the first layer of the nail paint of your choice starting with your index finger.
Start by placing a blob of paint at the bottom of the nail just next to the cuticle and even that out in the whole nail lightly. You can also use the three-stripe rule and apply the nail polish in one nail in just three thin strokes!
4. The final coat!
Please be patient. Let your first layer of nail polish dry completely, before you apply the second coat in the exact manner as the first! Let it dry again. If you are putting a dark color, you can follow up with a third coat, but if it is a light colored nail paint, the second layer can be your final coat.
5. Oh, you cannot miss the top coat.
Remember how you started? That is how you would finish it too. Once your nails are completely dry, take the clear nail polish and apply a top coat on your nails for that extra shine. It provides extra strength (in case you have longer nails) and prevents your nail color from wearing off easily too.
6. Get that perfect finish!
The nail polish application work can get a little messy, and to clean it up, use your cotton ear buds. Simply dab it in some nail polish remover and clean up the extra nail polish that may appear on the skin beside the nails. Make it all appear neat and clean.
Some quick tips:
- To let your nails dry quickly, keep your hand under cool or icy water, or simply dip in your finger nails into a bowl containing the same
- Keep away from quick-dry nail polishes as they can dehydrate your nails
- Store your nail paints in a cool and dry place (like your refrigerator)
- Apply a good quality branded nail polish
- You can put stickers or try different nail arts to make your nails look more glamorous!